These for spicy sichuan noodles are loaded with bold and vibrant flavours, and comes together in 15 minutes! Enjoy them for a quick and easy lunch or dinner!
This past month has been pretty busy for me. Between working, traveling, and developing recipes, it seems like the days are just passing by so quickly! Sometimes, by the end of a long day of recipe development and taking photos for the blog and Instagram, I’m SO when it comes to making dinner. (unless I already have a recipe prepared from earlier that day)
But this recipe was more of one of those “happy accidents.” When I’m feeling lazy Asian rice noodles dishes tend to be one of my main go-to’s. The noodles cook up so quickly and you can add any sauce and veggies you like and you’ve got yourself a healthy and fresh dinner ready in minutes.
These spicy sichuan noodles feature sichuan peppercorns, peanut butter, and chilli flakes as some of the main ingredients for some bold and vibrant flavours. I kept this recipe pretty simple with not many add ins, but feel free to add in your favourite veggies, such as broccoli or spinach.
- ½ pack rice noodles (8oz)
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- garlic sprouts (optional, *can sub sliced green onion)
- 1 handful cashews, roughly chopped
- Place the rice noodles in a bowl on warm water and let sit for 5-10 minutes to soak while you prepare the sauce.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until combined, set aside.
- Add about ¼ cup of water to a large pan on medium heat until the water begins to bubble. Add your rice noodles stirring until they absorb the water, then repeating, adding a few more tablespoons of water at a time until the noodles are soft, but still have a bit of a bite.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the sauce, bean sprouts and garlic sprouts to the pan and stir until combined.
- The noodles should be soft but still chewy. If they are too hard simply add a bit more water and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and top with cashews.
*If you can’t find sichuan peppercorns you can simply use regular pepper in this recipe. (However if you are able to find them I highly recommend using them for some amazing flavour!)
*If you like this recipe you may also like my 15 minute sesame ginger noodles!