Banana Bread Smoothie
This Banana Bread Smoothie is easy to make, filling for a healthy breakfast and tastes just like a slice of delicious Banana Bread! Enjoy this smoothie packed with bananas, steel-cut oats, and almond milk!
This recipe is in partnership with One Degree Organics.
Banana smoothie with oats
Smoothies are one of my favourite ways to start the day for an easy, healthy breakfast that doesn’t feel too heavy. This Banana Bread Smoothie is perfect when you’re looking for a breakfast smoothie that is fresh, creamy and filling.
This smoothie is made with One Degree Organics Sprouted Steel Cut Oats which are made with clean organic ingredients. Sprouting the oats helps to release more nutrients, and makes them easier to digest.
Steel cut oats are also packed with fibre which leaves you feeling full, making them the perfect addition to a breakfast smoothie that will give you long lasting energy!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Banana: Depending on how sweet you like your smoothie, you can use riper or less ripe bananas. I like to use bananas that are completely yellow. You also want to freeze the banana which will make for a creamy smoothie.
- Oats: this smoothie uses soaked steel cut oats to provide you with long lasting energy and make the smoothie more filling.
- Spices: cinnamon and nutmeg, which are two classics used in banana bread!
- Vanilla: a hint of natural vanilla extract will boost the flavour in this delicious smoothie.
- Almond milk: You can substitute any type of plant-based milk you love. Coconut milk is another great option for a creamy smoothie!
How to make a banana bread smoothie
Start by soaking the steel cut oats in some warm water for at least 30 minutes before preparing the smoothie. (You can also just soak the oats overnight.) This will help soften the oats so they will blend more easily into the smoothie.
Then add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Use frozen bananas. This is what will give you a super creamy smoothie. If you use fresh bananas, you will likely need to add some ice to thicken up the smoothie.
- Add the almond milk to the blender first, and the bananas last. This will help the smoothie blend up more easily.
- if your smoothie is having trouble blending, add a bit more almond milk to the blender.
If you tried this Banana Bread Smoothie or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Banana Bread Smoothie is perfect for a healthy breakfast! It’s packed with bananas and oats to keep you full.
- 1 Banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Soak the steel-cut oats in warm water for at least 30 minutes before making the smoothie, then drain. (you can also soak the steel-cut oats overnight)
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Start by adding the almond milk to the blender to make it easier to blend.
If the smoothie is too thin, you can add some more bananas. If the smoothie is too thick, you can add some more almond milk.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 4.5g
Keywords: banana smoothie, smoothie with oats, breakfast smoothie with banana