Chai Latte Chia Pudding
This Chai Latte Chia Pudding is made with a homemade creamy chai latte mix that tastes just like your favourite Fall drink! This recipe is delicious to enjoy for breakfast, as a snack or for a healthy dessert!
This is an old recipe from the blog that has been updated to make it even better!
I love the delicious warming flavours of chai. Especially with this cold weather, there’s nothing like the festive flavours of cinnamon, ginger and cloves. They have honestly got to be the most comforting flavours out there. Whose with me?
This recipe for Chai Latte Chia pudding is a little different than your average vanilla or coconut chia pudding. (Which are both still delicious by the way!) This recipe is made with a homemade cashew milk chai mix.
The chai mix is easy to make and gets whipped up in a blender in a matter of minutes. If you prefer your chia seeds blended (a smoother-style chia pudding) you can even add in the chia seeds with the mix to the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This chia pudding is made with homemade cashew milk, which tastes much creamier than any store-bought plant-based milk.
- This recipe makes the perfect healthy snack or treat, and is naturally vegan, gluten-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free.
- It tastes just like a super-rich and creamy chai latte!
How to make homemade cashew milk
Making homemade cashew milk is so easy and unlike making other types of nut milk, you don’t need to strain it!
When making homemade cashew milk, you’ll want to use raw unsalted cashews. (Make sure to check on the packaging for this!) Roasted cashews won’t work for making cashew milk.
Soak the cashews in a bowl of water overnight. By the morning time, you’ll see the cashews will have become plumper and much softer. This helps them blend up into a smooth cream. If you skip this step, you’ll end up with a bunch of pieces of cashews after blending.
Drain the cashews and then add them to a high-speed blender with some fresh water and blend on high for at least one minute. Transfer to a jar and store in the fridge.
For this recipe, we’ll be mixing the cashews and water with the rest of the ingredients all in one step, but if you prefer to make your cashew milk in advance, that’s fine too!
How to make Chai Latte Chia Pudding
Steep the chai tea bags in some water for 5 minutes, then add the water to a blender with the cashews, vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon nutmeg and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth, then pour the mixture into a bowl with the chia seeds.
Using a whisk mix everything together for a good minute to make sure the chia seeds and the chai mix are well incorporated. Then let the mixture sit in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
To serve spoon some of the chia pudding into small jars or bowls and top with a dollop of your favourite whipped cream (I used coconut cream) and a dash of cinnamon.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Make sure to soak the cashews! This is important to help them blend up into a smooth cream.
- Let the chia pudding sit for at least 2 hours, or overnight if you can prepare this recipe in advance. If you let it sit overnight, you’ll end up with a thicker pudding since the chia seeds have more time to absorb the liquid.
- Store this chia pudding in the fridge covered for up to 5 days.
More chia pudding recipes to tryPrint
This Chia Latte Chia Pudding tastes just like your favourite chai latte! It’s creamy and delicious and loaded with warming spices!
- Steep the chai tea bags in the water for 5 minutes, then discard the tea bags.
- Add the chai tea, cshews, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl of the chia seeds and whisk togetehr until everything is well incorpoated. Let sit covered in the fridge for one hour or overnight to set.
- Spoon the chia pudidng into small cups and top with your favourite yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnmaon
Make it a dirty chai latte chia pudding by adding a shot of espresso to the chai latte mix!
Make sure to use raw unsalted cashews for this recipe. If you don’t have time to soak them overnight, you can soak them in boiling water for one hour before using them in the recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: fall chia pudding, vegan healthy dessert
If you tried this Chai Latte Chia Pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!