This chia pudding with quick raspberry basil compote is the perfect summer chia recipe. Serve it up for breakfast, a snack, or a healthy dessert!
One of my all time favourite things about summer is raspberry season. When I was younger, I used to go raspberry picking each summer with my family at a farm near my country house. I would eat my weight in raspberries as I picked them and filled up my bucket. After picking, we’d always head back to the house, and make an assortment of delicious treats. (including pies and jams!)
I love chia pudding recipes for a quick and easy breakfast, snack, or treat. Thought it’s not quite the season yet to go back and pick my own basket of raspberries on the farm, raspberry season is quickly approaching so I wanted to share this recipe for this chia pudding with quick raspberry basil compote. You can also use frozen raspberries in this recipe if you don’t have fresh ones available.
This chia pudding is layered with basil-infused berry layers so you get a burst of flavour with each spoonful. I also make mine with some Genuine Health vegan greens+O mango acai flavour to add an extra boost of superfoods to my chia cups. Vegan greens+O uses non-GMO ingredients, and contains a blend of 23 nourishing plant ingredients to help protect and balance your health. It contains phytonutients that support immune health, gut health, balance hormones and more!Print
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup nut milk (I use cashew milk)
- 1 scoop Genuine health vegan greens+0
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
quick raspberry basil compote
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix the chia seeds, nut milk, greens+O, maple syrup, lemon zest, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Place in the fridge to gel for 1-2 hours.
- To make the compote, heat raspberries and 1-2 tbsp of water in a small pot on medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the raspberries begin to break down, add the basil leaves and maple syrup. Remove from heat.
- To assemble layer the chia and compote in a jar.
- Top with fresh raspberries if desired.
I’m excited to be working in collaboration with Genuine health on this post! If you’d like to purchase their Vegan greens+O product you can find them here.