Hi Everyone! I wanted to share a fun refreshing summer treat with you today. These are my raw mint chocolate slices. They are no-bake, vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
These mint chocolate slices make the perfect snack or dessert. These bars are loaded with a cooling minty filling, in between a chocolatey raw brownie base, and velvety chocolate topping. You can even serve up these bars frozen if your looking for something with a bit more of a ice-cream texture.Print
Raw mint chocolate slices
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates (or regular dates, soaked in water for 1 hour)
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cupbrown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- drop of green food colouring (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Line an 8×8 inch baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In your food processor, add your almonds, medjool dates, cocoa powder, and salt. Pulse together until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, press your dough into your baking sheet until it covers the bottom of the pan. Place in the fridge to set.
- To make the filling, add your cashews to your food processor, or high speed blender. Pulse until they form a creamy texture.
- Add your brown rice syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, shredded coconut, mint extract, and vanilla extract. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour your mint layer into your pan, and place into the freezer to firm up for 15-30 minutes while your prepare your chocolate topping.
- In a small saucepan, mix your coconut oil cocoa powder, and maple syrup together until smooth. Remove your pan from the freezer, and pour chocolate coating on top.
- Place your pan in the fridge and let sit for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Raw mint chocolate slices, raw dessert recipe, how to make mint chocolate dessert
*Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Here’s some of the things I use to make this recipe: