These raw peanut butter banoffee tarts are loaded with gooey peanut butter caramel and topped with fresh bananas. They’re the perfect healthy dessert!
On my recent trip to Bali I had a “banoffee cup”for dessert at an Indonesian fusion restaurant. Now banoffee is probably not what you think of when you think of Bali, but this dessert came highly recommended by the owner, and it was absolutely delicious!
It was actually the first time I had something that was “banoffee.” I hadn’t ever had a dessert with crispy crust, gooey caramel and bananas. But after trying it I knew I had to create my own healthy version of it when I came back home.
This recipe for raw peanut butter banoffee tarts is a step up in my books because it features peanut butter in the recipe! (I mean, who doesn’t love the combo of peanut butter and bananas?) It also requires no baking, has no added sugars, and is super easy to make.
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cup oats
- 1½ cups medjool dates (or regular dates soaked in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ banana
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- bananans, sliced
- yogurt of choice
- raw chocolate for garnish
- Add the almonds, oats, dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt to your food processor. Blend until combined.
- spoon out the dough and press down into individual tart pans to cover the bottom of the pans and a bit up the rims.
- Place the tart pans in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Clean the food processor, then add the banana, peanut butter, dates, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the caramel mixture onto the tart base, spreading evenly.
- Top with sliced bananas, yogurt, and raw chocolate
I’m a HUGE peanut butter fan so I’ve rounded up 5 other delicious and healthy peanut butter recipes to share with you and help satisfy those peanut butter cravings!