This Thai coconut curry tofu is loaded with vibrant Thai flavours! It’s easy to make, vegan, and gluten-free!
If you’ve had a chance to scroll through my recipes, you may notice I’m a pretty big fan of Thai food. Thai is one of my favourite cuisines. It’s filled with bold vibrant flavours that are unlike anything else.
- 1 pack organic tofu
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil (or any other high cooking temperature oil)
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook your rice according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, heat your avocado oil on medium high heat.
- Drain all the water from your tofu, chop into cubes, and add tofu to the pan on medium high heat. Cook your tofu for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Make sure your pan is large enough, or cook your tofu in 2 batches.
- In a separate saucepan, on medium heat, and your curry paste and can of coconut milk and stir together until incorporated. Increase heat to medium high and let reduce, for about 5 minutes. (You will see the sauce begin to bubble and thicken.)
- Reduce to low heat, and add your soy sauce, maple syrup, lime, and paprika. Mix until incorporated.
- Add your cooked tofu to the pan with your curry sauce, on medium heat, and stir together until tofu is well coated in your sauce.
- Serve over brown rice with chopped cilantro on top.
I love seeing you make recipes from the blog! Use #choosingchia on Instagram so I can see your creations!