Healthy tip: Soups are a great way to get in your necessary vitamins! This butternut squash and ginger soup is detoxifying and great for your stomach health.
- 4-6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 Apple
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375, Cut squash in half and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the squash is soft, and golden brown. Remove from oven, remove the skin, and cut the squash into cubes.
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil. Add in chopped onion, and minced garlic, and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Next add in the chopped apple and squash to the pan, and mix all together.
- Pour your chicken broth over and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Let your soup simmer on low for about 30 minutes to infuse all the flavours.
- Blend soup with a blender until smooth.
*You can add more chicken broth as you please in order to achieve the consistency you like!
*I garnished my soup with some toasted pine nuts, pesto spread, dill, and cayenne.