Coconut Curry Linguini
- 1–2 tablespoons of red curry paste (depends on how spicy it is
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or agave)
- 1–2 tablespoons of fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of thai basil leaves (sweet basil)
- 7 oz. of rice noodles (about half a pack)
- thinly sliced green onions
- a handful of coriander, chopped
- Place your rice noodles in a large bowl of hot water, (not boiling) and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add your curry paste and bring to medium-low heat to toast for about 1 minute.
- Scape off the coconut cream and add to pan (leaving over the coconut water) and stir until combined.
- Next add in your honey, fish sauce, paprika, and juice of half your lime. Give it a stir, and give it a taste. If you like your sauce more sweet, add in a bit more honey, if it is not tart enough, add some more lime juice…etc.
- Add in your Thai basil leaves and stir, letting the leaves infuse your sauce.
- Drain your rice noodles. They should be softened, but not cooked.
- Add your rice noodles to your pan of sauce bringing the heat to medium high, stirring constantly, for about 3-5 minutes (until noodles are cooked through)
- The noodles will finish cooking in the sauce, and absorb the liquid from the sauce, leaving you with a rich creamy sauce over the noodles.
- Plate and top with chopped coriander, green onions, and more lime if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/2 reicpe
- Calories: 492
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Coconut Curry Linguini, vegan coconut curry, healthy curry recipe
*If you want to make a lower-fat version of this recipe, you can use a can of light coconut milk.