Most of us know and love the chocolate ferrero rocher. But for those of you who don’t, let me paint you a picture:
It all starts with a whole hazelnut, coated by a decadent velvety chocolate filling, then covered with a thin crisp wafer layer, all enclosed with more chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
Does that not sound amazing?! Now, lets take all that heavenly chocolate and turn it into something that we can just spread on EVERYTHING! Oh, and did I mention this recipe is 100% clean-eating, gluten-free, and vegan friendly?
Lets take a closer look…
This ferrero rocher spread is easy, fast to make, and stays fresh in the fridge for weeks! if your looking for something else to do with it, you might want to take a look at my clean-eating hazelnut truffles recipe. These are a healthy copycat version of the real ferrero rocher, that tastes just like them!
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey (*or maple syrup for Vegan friendly)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Place hazelnuts into a food processor and blend until almost smooth. (I like to leave mine with visible tiny crunchy bits for the texture, but feel free to blend yours completely smooth!)
- transfer hazelnuts to a large bowl, and mix in the remainder of ingredients until combined.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
*Not sure what to put it on? Here are my recommendations:
-Dip your berries and fruit in it
-Spread it on your favorite toast
-Swirl it on top of your next batch of banana bread or muffins