I Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday. If your anything like me, Tuesdays mean one thing: tacos! And today, it means Thai red curry tacos with tofu.
Thai red curry tofu tacos
Thai tofu curry
- 1 pack organic tofu
- 2–3 tbsp avocado oil (or any other high cooking temperature oil)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1–2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pack corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- fresh lime and coconut cream to top (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts.
- In a large saucepan, heat your avocado oil on medium high heat.
- Drain all the water from your tofu, chop into cubes, and add tofu to the pan on medium high heat. Cook your tofu for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Make sure your pan is large enough, or cook your tofu in 2 batches.
- In a separate saucepan, on medium heat, and your curry paste and can of coconut milk and stir together until incorporated. Increase heat to medium high and let reduce, for about 5 minutes. (You will see the sauce begin to bubble and thicken.)
- Reduce to low heat, and add your soy sauce, maple syrup, lime, and paprika. Mix until incorporated.
- Add your cooked tofu to the pan with your curry sauce, on medium heat, and stir together until tofu is well coated in your sauce.
- Heat your corn tortillas in a large pan on medium heat for 1-2 on each side
- Fill your tortillas with your tofu, and top with shredded cabbage, peppers, cilantro, and crushed peanuts.
- Drizzle lime juice and coconut cream on top if desired.
- Serving Size: 3 small tacos
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Thai red curry tofu tacos, vegan taco recipe, how to make tacos