This Ban Cha with crispy tofu is perfect for your ‘meatless Monday’ dinner! The crispy tofu is sticky, sweet, and spicy, while the salad is fresh and bold. The combination of flavors will have your taste-buds dancing!
Healthy tip: The dark greens and herbs in this Ban Cha are great for detoxifying the body.
- Cooked ingredients:
- avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 pack of firm tofu, drained, and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 pack brown rice noodles, cooked according to package
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- 1 bunch of Thai basil leaves
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 stick lemongrass, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. crushed chili flakes
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl, set aside and allow some time for flavors to infuse.
- Heat up a small pan, coated with avocado oil, add onion, sprinkle with salt, and cook on medium-low temperature to allow onions to caramelize. Let these cook for 20 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and sweet.
- Heat up 3 tbsp. of avocado oil in a separate pan, add in cubes of tofu and pan-fry on each side until crispy and brown.
- Reduce heat to medium, drain the excess oil from the tofu, and toss the hoisin, sweet chili, and sriracha sauces in the pan until tofu is coated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Build all your salad ingredients in a bowl, toss with dressing, then add your tofu and caramelized onions.
- Garnish with lime and crushed peanuts if you desire!