These breakfast pecan granola tarts are a fun twist on a granola and yogurt bowl. They’re perfect for a brunch party!
Most mornings I alternate between my three go-to breakfasts: yogurt & granola, protein shakes, and oatmeal. As much as I love my traditional breakfast routine, sometimes it’s fun to mix it up!
I came up with the idea to make granola tarts one morning while I was enjoying my yogurt with berries and maple pecan granola.
I had one of those “ah-ha!” moments while I was stuffing my mouth (usually when I find my inspiration) and decided to try turning one of my favourite breakfasts into fun little tarts.
This recipe is so easy to make and you can store the tarts in a Tupperware for a couple weeks. I love making these breakfast pecan granola tarts when I have guests over for breakfast or brunch.
I lay out a “tart making station” and everyone can choose their own toppings. My favourites to use are fresh fruit, but you can mix these up and add shredded coconut, chocolate chips, drizzled peanut butter…whatever your heart desires!Print
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pitted dates (I recommend medjool dates)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of your favourite yogurt (I recommend greek yogurt, or coconut yogurt for vegan)
- fresh fruit of choice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Place your oats, pecans, cinnamon, salt, and dates in a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add in the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla, and pulse again until incorporated.
- Press your dough into mini tart pans (or a large tart pan) with your hands firmly, until it covers the bottom of the pans, about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, top your tarts with yogurt and fresh fruit.
- Serve immediately.
*These tarts are best enjoyed immediately once you put your toppings on them.
*Store tart crusts in an air-tight container on the counter
I use these tart pans: