While it may be September, the weather is still acting like its the peak of Summer, which for me means flipflops, dinners outside, and of course creamy strawberry basil popsicles! (Yes, I might be in denial that fall is coming.)
I made these while I was up north at my cottage. It’s so relaxing to sit by the lake and watch the sun set with a creamy popsicle in hand. I like to use fresh strawberries and basil from the farmers market for this recipe, but if they are not in season where you are no worries, you can use frozen strawberries too!
Some people have also asked me where to get the molds to make these strawberry basil popsicles. Many kitchen stores carry these molds, but I also love amazon for finding my kitchen goods! You can just do a search for “popsicle molds” and buy whichever ones suit you best. I would personally recommend silicon molds as the pops pop out so much easier! (no pun intended…)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 small bunch of basil leaves (3-5 leaves)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- popsicle sticks
- Place your strawberries and basil in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Mix your 1/2 cup Greek yogurt and maple syrup together in a separate bowl.
- Take your popsicle mold and begin to layer the strawberry puree and the yogurt (add a spoon of strawberry, and then a spoon of yogurt, repeat.)
- insert your popsicle sticks into the pops and place in the freezer to set for 3-4 hours.
*Don’t have a popsicle mold? don’t panic! Get creative by making mini creamy strawberry basil popsicles in an ice cube tray!
*If you are not a fan of basil, simply omit from this recipe.