I can’t believe December is already here. The fall really just flew by! Fall is one of my favourite seasons for savoury dishes, but December is one of my favourite seasons for baking. I can’t get enough of all the cocoa and gingerbread and festive spices! I also love December because it’s always packed with holiday parties, which for me is an excuse to bake even more treats to be able to share with friends and family.
While I do love to bake some not so healthy holiday treats, (I mean, a healthy cupcake? What’s that?) I still try to include plenty of more “figure-friendly” holiday baked goodies in the mix too. These gluten-free chocolate peanut butter cookies are just that! They’re flourless, filled with protein-packed peanut butter, and cocoa powder. (hello superfood!) I love to pack a couple of these cookies in my purse while I’m doing my holiday shopping. They really help give me an afternoon pick-me-up.
Best of all, they only have 6 ingredients, and can be made in just one bowl! (Which makes them great to make as a last minute treat, or for baking with kids!)Print
Gluten-free chocolate peanut-butter cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or organic cane sugar)
- 1 egg
- 2 handfulls mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your peanut butter, cocoa powder, honey, coconut sugar, and egg into a large bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Gently stir in your chocolate chips.
- With a spoon or your hands, form little balls with your dough and drop onto the cookie sheet, each one about 4 inches apart from each other.
- Top each cookie with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: Gluten free chocolate peanut butter cookies, gluten free cookie recipe, how to make cookies