Green goddess broccoli soup
This green goddess broccoli soup is the perfect way to get your dose of greens for the day! It’s smooth, creamy, and will leave you feeling like a goddess!
The first snowfall finally happened. It seems to always happen around this time of year.
Usually, the first snowfall melts, but it stays rather cold outside and leaves you with this feeling of wanting something warm and comforting.
I’m a big believer in eating plenty of greens every day. In the warmer months, it’s pretty easy to enjoy salads and fresh vegetables. But in the winter, suddenly the idea of having cold raw veggies isn’t as appealing.
Of course, I still enjoy some salads in the winter months, but just not as frequently as in the summer.
In the winter months, it’s all about giving your body some warming foods to keep you going even in the cold weather. And this is just the beginning where I live. I’m waiting for the first day where the temperature drops below -20 degrees! (Celsius)
Those are the types of days where you try and not leave the house and stay cozy with warming foods, Netflix, and blankets.
This green goddess broccoli soup is the perfect dish to make for one of those freezing days, or even just a mildly cold day.
It’s filled with good for you greens like broccoli and spinach to give you a healthy boost of vitamins and iron. The leek and potato in the soup give it an extra creamy texture without having to actually add any cream to the soup!
I love making a big batch of this soup to have for lunch with my favorite crusty bread, or as an appetizer for dinner.
I’m ready to take on this winter with an abundance of soups, curries, and stews this year to stay warm!Print
Green goddess broccoli soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main/Appetizer
- Method: Cook
- Cuisine: American
This green goddess broccoli soup is perfect for a light, healthy lunch or dinner!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 large leek (2 small), chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 medium potato, chopped into cubes
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 L low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 handful dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil on medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add the chopped leek, and let cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and broccoli. Let cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the potato, spinach and vegetable broth and bring to a boil mixing everything together.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the dill, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the soup to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. (You may need to do this in 2 batches if your blender is not big enough)
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: Green goddess broccoli soup, vegan broccoli soup
Tips & suggestions:
- You can add in any other green veggies you love like some asparagus or kale
- If you’d like an extra creamy texture, you can add 1/2 cup coconut milk to this recipe
- If you like this soup you’ll also love spiced carrot, lentil, and sweet potato soup
This was so cheap, easy, and absolutely delicious, thank you!
Thanks Alicia! Happy you loved the recipe!
Simple and delicious. Will be making this as soon as my hand processor thing comes!
Thanks Keisha, so happy you enjoyed 🙂
Yummy!! Looks so good and beautiful. I wish I had a big bowl of this soup right now!
Thank you Diane! It’s a really great creamy soup!