Ever wondered how to make brussels sprouts that taste good? Read on!
Brussels sprouts have a bad rep. Growing up I always thought brussels sprouts were one of those “gross” vegetables that I would just never want to eat.
I remember being a kid, watching TV shows where the kids would never want to eat their brussels sprouts. I guess it stuck with me for years, because truth be told, last year was the very first time I ever tried them! And guess what? I LOVED them!
Brussel sprouts are really healthy for you, so I was so happy to discover that they were one of my new favourite vegetables!
So if you’re wondering how to make brussels sprouts that taste good, the secret is all in how you prepare them! Now, if you’ve ever tried brussels sprouts and didn’t like them, give them another chance. You may be surprised at how delicious they are when they’re made properly.
There are 2 magical ingredients that will bring your brussels sprouts to the next level. Salt, and oil. That’s pretty much all there is too it! A nice olive oil will give them a dose of healthy fats, which will keep you feeling full and satisfied even longer. You can use this recipe as a base and add in any other seasoning you like!
Lets get to the magic recipe.Print
Healthy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cups brussel sprouts
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (enough to evenly coat them)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- To prepare your brussels sprouts, chop off the bottoms, and remove the outer layer. (This outer layer should fall off naturally when you cut the bottoms off!)
- Chop your brussels sprouts in half and place in a large bowl.
- Evenly coat with olive oil and sea salt.
- Place directly onto a metal baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 49
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Healthy Roasted Brussel Sprouts, how to cook brussel sprouts