Kale Salad with Sweet Potato Hash Browns
This kale salad with sweet potato hash browns makes the perfect detox meal. It’s vegetarian, gluten-free, and paleo. I like to enjoy this salad for lunch with a nice green tea, or even divide it up as a side salad with dinner. It’s so delicious and will leave you feeling energized and satisfied!
Kale salad with Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- Hash browns:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes. peeled
- 1/2 onion
- 1 egg (or 1 flax egg for vegan option)
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- pinch of cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grate the potatoes and onions into a bowl, squeeze out as much water as possible, and pat dry.
- Add the egg, almond flour, coconut oil, salt, and pepper, and mix until combined.
- Form into little patties and place on a baking sheet. (either greased or with parchment paper)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. (I like to flip mine halfway through)
- mix dressing in a cup.
- Chop up the kale, place in a bowl, and pour the dressing over. Massage the kale with your hands until soft.
- Add the quinoa, peppers, and sunflower seeds to the kale and mix until combined.
- Top with hash browns and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 85g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: Kale salad with Sweet Potato Hash Browns, vegan hash browns