It’s national watermelon day! If your anything like me when you think of summer, you think of watermelon. There’s nothing like a good slice of refreshing, thirst-quenching watermelon on a hot day. While a regular slice of watermelon is perfectly good, it’s also fun to spice it up sometimes.
This watermelon pizza recipe is fun, easy to make, and will be a hit amongst everyone! (I mean, who wouldn’t want a slice of watermelon pizza?!) It also has the added benefit of being much lower-calorie and “bikini friendly” than a regular slice of pizza.
This watermelon pizza will quench your thirst, is loaded with electrolytes, has some added protein from the yogurt, and topped with vitamin-rich fruit. It also comes together in less than 10 minutes! Serve this watermelon pizza at your next picnic, or serve it up for a healthy dessert.
- 1 watermelon
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (or greek yogurt)
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced in half
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup cherries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Using a sharp knife, cut off a slice of watermelon right down the middle, about 2-3 inches thick.
- Using a spatula, spread an even layer of your yogurt around the watermelon leaving a bit of empty space at the top. (where your "pizza crust" is.)
- Layer your fresh fruit on top as you please. You can add as little or as many toppings as you like!
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup for a little extra sweetness if desired.
*I like using fresh summer berries to top my watermelon pizza, but feel free to experiment with any fruit you like! (Passionfruit is a good choice!)
*I recommend using a very sharp knife to slice your watermelon. This will ensure that your slice comes out nice and even.