The perfect light and crispy breakfast is here! This blueberry, maple & vanilla bean granola is made with simple ingredients and goes perfectly on top your favourite yogurts, smoothie bowls or just in a bowl on its own!
One thing I like to make on the reg in my home is granola. Besides the fact that it tastes deee–lish, it fills the whole house with that sweet baking smell. It’s that perfect smell that just draws you to the kitchen waiting for what’s about to come out of the oven.
I love that smell.
I love it almost as much as I love eating this granola itself. (almost.)
This blueberry, maple & vanilla bean granola is also a super local Canadian recipe for me! Two of my favourite local Quebec foods we have are wild blueberries and maple syrup. They are technically more summer foods…but hey, why not get started on the summer foods early…right? (I say as there is currently a snowstorm outside…)
I used dried wild blueberries in this recipe, but any dried blueberries work great! You can even use any alternative dried fruits you love.
I always love looking up what types of granola other people are cooking up. I’m always inspired by great granola recipes, like this one from 3 fois par jour, and this one from my new roots. Two fellow Canadian bloggers who I love!
This blueberry, maple & vanilla bean granola is:
- Refined-sugar free
- High in fibre & protein
- Makes a great breakfast, snack, or topping
I use a mix of sliced almonds and hemp seeds in the granola to add some bulk and protein to it, but you can substitute with any types of nuts & seeds you like, or even with more oats.Print
A healthy and delicious granola with notes of maple and vanilla
- 2 cups large flaked oats (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (I used blanched slivered almonds)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (any neutral tasting vegetable oil works too)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, sliced almonds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix the maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the liquid into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread out evenly on the baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly toasted. Let cool then mix in the dried blueberries.
Store this granola in a jar or airtight container.
Add any nuts or seeds you like to this granola!