Raw salted caramel brownies
In need of a healthy treat? These raw salted caramel brownies are made with only 5 simple ingredients!
I made a commitment to myself to spend some time this month focusing on my photography.
I love taking photos of food but I always feel there is still so much to learn. So this post marks my month long journey of some new food photography, food styling, and food editing! I hope you’re as excited as I am!
I actually spent a good couple of hours playing around and trying out some new lighting, and setups to photograph these brownies. What do you think?
I usually lean towards more light and airy type of photos, but for these raw salted caramel brownies, I was definitely feeling more of a moody vibe. They’re so rich and fudgy, which I really wanted to portray in the image.
I also figured since we’re well into Fall it’s a great time to go for some more darker and moodier type of images, don’t you think?
Anyways, onto the recipe!
I wanted to share a sweet treat for the month of Halloween that you can store in your fridge when those candy cravings strike. I’m a huge fan of anything salted caramel.
Sweet and salty has got to be one of the words best combos! The salted caramel icing is what really makes these brownies special. I use tahini in the icing, but you can feel free to use cashew butter, or almond butter if you prefer!Print
Sea salt caramel, chocolate brownies & no baking – what else could you want?!
- 2 cups medjool dates, packed & pitted
- 2 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
salted caramel frosting
- 1/2 cup medjool dates (pitted) , soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the brownies, add the medjool dates, pecans, salt, and cocoa powder to a food processor and pulse until it forms a sticky dough.
- Pour into your baking sheet and press down evenly into the pan.
- Place in the fridge while you prepare the frosting.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add the dates, tahini, water and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spread evenly on top of the brownies.
- Cut into even squares.
- Sprinkle with extra salt if desired.
- Store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Raw salted caramel brownies, raw vegan desserts, how to make salted caramel brownies
Tips & suggestions:
- If your dates are a bit try, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes, then strain.
- Use almond butter or cashew butter if you don’t have tahini on hand
- Craving more raw treats? Try my raw peanut butter banoffee tarts!
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!