Salted almond butter fudge
This recipe for salted almond butter fudge is easy to make and is perfect to prepare for meal prep! Store it in the freezer to have on hand for a delicious treat!
Today we’re doing a recipe for some almond butter fudge. But not just any almond butter fudge…SALTED almond butter fudge with ripples of dark chocolate.
Coconut oil & almond butter fudge
This salted almond butter fudge is made with a base of 2 main ingredients: almond butter and coconut oil.
I use a creamy almond butter (with no added salt) which works well for this recipe, but any almond butter will do! You want to make sure the almond butter you are using is nice and creamy.
The coconut oil is used in this recipe to help bind everything together, and give the fudge some stability and that fudgey texture. I wouldn’t recommend replacing the coconut oil with any other type of oil.
Coconut oil is solid at room temperature and becomes nice and firm in the fridge, so this is what will really help hold the fudge together. If you use a liquid oil like sunflower oil or canola oil the fudge won’t come out properly. (It will probably be a liquidy mess!)
Salted almond butter fudge is the perfect dessert or snack to make for meal prep because it stores well in the fridge and freezer.
How to make almond butter fudge
This recipe can be made in 1 pot and is easy to put together! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Melt the almond butter, coconut oil and flavouring in a small pot
- Melt the chocolate with some extra coconut oil
- Pour the fudge into an
- Swirl the chocolate on top
- add sea salt
Pretty simple right? This recipe can also be made with peanut butter (which is super delicious!) or any type of nut butter you love. If you are avoiding nuts, you can also make this fudge with sunflower seed butter, or tahini.
I recommend using a small 8×4 inch loaf pan to make the fudge, but you can also make this fudge in a mini muffin pan by placing muffin liners in the pan and adding a spoonful of the fudge mixture into each muffin mould.
More healthy recipes to try
- Lemon poppy seed bliss balls
- Puffed quinoa, date & peanut butter bars
- Vegan double chocolate chia mousse
Sweet, salty and perfect for when you want a little treat!
- In a small pot on medium heat, whisk the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract and salt together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into an 8×4 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add the 2 tsp of coconut oil to the melted chocolate then pour in zigzags on top of the fudge. Use a knife to make swirls in the chocolate.
- Place the fudge in the freezer for 1 hour before cutting into squares. Top it off with extra flakey sea salt
This fudge is best stored in the freezer and will stay for a few months! You can make this fudge with peanut butter. Creamy or natural nut butters both work for this recipe
- Serving Size: 1 square of fudge
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: healthy fudge, almond butter, freezer fudge, vegan, gluten-free
If you tried this Salted Almond Butter Fudge or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!