Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles
Made with only 3 ingredients these Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles are the perfect summer treat to cool you down. They’re healthy, easy to make and only 25 calories per popsicle!
Easy homemade popsicles
Alright friends, I have a winning summer recipe for you today! Seriously, these Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles are the perfect fresh and light treat that will cool you down.
There’s nothing I love more than using watermelon in summer recipes. It’s such a versatile ingredient that can be used to make refreshing cocktails, salad or desserts. The combination of watermelon with strawberries in this recipe just screams *summer* to me and the hint of lime gives these popsicles that little extra punch.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Watermelon– make sure to use a ripe and juicy watermelon for flavourful popsicles!
- Strawberries– fresh strawberries are best here (not frozen)
- Lime– you can substitute lemon if you prefer
How to make these popsicles
- Blend the watermelon, strawberries and lime together in a blender
- Divide between the popsicle moulds
- Freeze overnight
Popsicle moulds tips
I use a popsicle mould similar to this one that you get directly from amazon. If you prefer, you can also use this style of silicon popsicle mould that can sometimes be easier to get the popsicles out of the moulds.
Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to get the popsicles out of the moulds after freezing without breaking them, so here’s what you need to do:
Run the popsicle mould under warm water for 30-60 seconds before removing the popsicles. This will help release the popsicles from the mould and make them pop out easily.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Choose a ripe watermelon. to pick a ripe one, you want it to be heavy for its size, sound hollow when you tap it and have a yellow-orange coloured resting patch. You can follow this guide to help you pick the best watermelon.
- Use fresh strawberries. They just taste better than frozen strawberries and will make your popsicles taste better.
- Sweeten if needed. You can use maple syrup or any other sweetener you like to sweeten the popsicles if needed. If your fruit is already sweet, you won’t need any added sweetener.
More popsicle recipes to try
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Popsicles
- Tropical Coconut Chia Popsicles
- Mango Lassi Popsicles
- Raspberry Coconut Creamsicles
- Grapefruit Thyme Popsicles
If you tried these Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
These strawberry watermelon popsicles are perfect for a refreshing healthy treat!
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into cubes
- 2 cups strawberries
- juice of one lime
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup (optional) *see notes
- Add the watermelon, strawberries and lime juice to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add sweetener if needed.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle mould and place the mould in the freezer for 60 minutes.
- Remove and add the popsicle sticks into each popsicle mould, then place back in the freezer to set for 6 hours, or overnight.
- To remove the popsicles from the moulds, run them under warm water for 30 seconds, then gently pull on the popsicle sticks.
Depending on how sweet your fruit is you may or may not want to add some maple syrup. I didn’t add any to my popsicles because my fruit was very sweet.
Because these popsicles are quite liquidy before freezing, if you add the popsicle sticks right away they will sink. Instead, it’s best to let the popsicles firm up slightly in the freezer, and then add the popsicle sticks after one hour.
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 25
- Sugar: 4.2
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: homemade popsicles, watermelon popsicles, strawberry popsicles, healthy popsicles