This papaya mojito smoothie is healthy, refreshing and great for your digestion! Whip it up in less than 10 minutes and enjoy!
If you enjoy tropical flavours then you’ll love this papaya mojito smoothie. It’s made with papaya, pineapple and mint for a smoothie that is healthy and great for your digestion!
This papaya mojito smoothie is also naturally dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free!
Is a papaya smoothie healthy?
Yes! Papaya is loaded with vitamin C, vitamin A and folate, as well as fibre. Papaya is a great fruit to eat to help reduce inflammation in the body and is well known for containing enzymes that can help with digestion.
If you’re feeling a bit bloated from eating heavy foods or salty foods, drinking a papaya smoothie is a great option to make help you de-bloat and feel good!
Why you’ll love this smoothie
- This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make, so you don’t have to wait!
- The combination of papaya, pineapple and mint will make you feel like your on a tropical island.
- All the ingredients in this smoothie will help with your digestion, so you’ll feel great after drinking it.
How to make a papaya mojito smoothie
- Cut all the fruit into large chunks
- Add the fruit along with the other ingredients to your blender
- Blend until smooth and creamy
Recipe tips and variations
- Make sure to use ripe papaya for best results. Ripe papaya will be slightly soft on the outside and have a rich orange colour on the inside. If your papaya is underripe, it won’t have much flavour
- Freezing some of your fruit before making this smoothie will give the smoothie a creamier texture.
- If you want to make this smoothie lower in sugar, swap out the pineapple for some frozen cauliflower. This will give you a bonus of some added veggies. (Don’t worry, you won’t taste it!)
- If you want to make this smoothie more filling, add one scoop of your favourite protein powder.
Other smoothie recipes to try
If you tried this papaya mojito smoothie or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Enjoy a glass of this papaya mojito smoothie for a delicious drink that is great for your digestion!
- 1 cup papaya, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple (frozen is preferred)
- juice of 2 limes
- 4–8 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup almond milk (can sub any plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 handful of ice
Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Make sure to use ripe papaya for this recipe. The ripe papaya should have a rich orange colour on the inside. If you papaya isn’t ripe it won’t have much flavour.
Using frozen pineapple in this smoothie will give it a thicker texture. If you use fresh pineapple, you can add a little more ice to help thicken the smoothie.
If you want to make this smoothie lower in sugar, substitute the pineapple with frozen cauliflower.
Add a scoop of your favourite protein powder to this smoothie to make it more filling
- Serving Size: 1 smoothir
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 13g
- Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Papaya smoothie, mojito smoothie
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!