These sweet and sour chilli garlic noodles are vegan, gluten-free and only 15 minutes to make!
And the noodles saga continues…
Yup. I’m thinking of creating a new Asian-style dish every month. Thoughts?
Today I bring you these sweet and sour chilli garlic noodles!
They’re my latest obsession when it comes to making noodles because they have that perfect balance of sweet, salty and sour.
Noodle dishes are a staple in my kitchen because they are SO quick and easy to make. I’m telling you if they’re not a staple in your kitchen…make them one now and thank me later.
It’s always handy to have a couple packs of rice noodles on hand as well as some key Asian sauces in the kitchen.
Some sauces I always make sure to have on hand are light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, hoisin sauce, sweet chilli sauce, and rice vinegar. With these sauces, you can create so much magic in the kitchen!
Having rice noodles and these sauces in the kitchen will be your saviour when you need to throw together a meal in less than 15 minutes, or are running low on groceries but still need to eat dinner.
If you’re wondering the difference between light and dark soy sauce, dark soy sauce is aged for a longer period of time and is sweeter and less salty in taste. It has a really nice bold & rich flavour which tastes amazing in this dish!
These sweet and sour chilli garlic noodles are:
- Gluten-free (*make sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce)
- Only take 15 minutes to make
Delicious noodles loaded with sweet and sour chilli garlic sauce that take less than 15 minutes to make!
- 1/2 pack wide rice noodles (approx 7oz)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce (use gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly & toasted sesame seeds to top
- Cook the rice noodles in boiling water until soft, but still have a little bite to them.
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan on medium-high heat, then add the garlic clove and cook on medium for 1 minute.
- Add the rice noodles and sauce ingredients and mix together. Taste the noodles and adjust seasoning if necessary (if they need a little more spicy sriracha or tangy lime)
- Top with sliced green onions and sesame seeds
I love using wide rice noodles for this recipe, but you can use any shape or size rice noodles!
Depending on how many oz of rice noodles you use, you may need to add more or less sauce.
I left this recipe simple with no veggies, but add any of your favourite vegetables to this dish. (like spinach, broccoli, or snow peas)
You can also add some tofu or tempeh to this dish to make it higher in protein.
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: vegan noodle recipe, garlic noodles, sweet and sour noodles
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products I know, trust and love!