The Best Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
These are the BEST Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos! They start with a batch of Buffalo Cauliflower Wings and get topped off with a delicious cilantro-lime crema.
Healthy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
Say hello to your new favourite Taco Recipe: Buffalo Cauliflower Taocs! If you’re a fan of Buffalo sauce, then this recipe is for you. If you’re a really big buffalo sauce fan, then you can serve these with a side of my Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Mac and Cheese!
These Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos are simple to make and are packed with flavour. They’re naturally vegan and can be made gluten-free (just use gluten-free flour for the cauliflower and gluten-free tortillas.)
This recipe is a great one to try for “Taco Tuesday” or if you’re looking for a healthy plant-based recipe that doesn’t taste too healthy.
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower
Buffalo cauliflower is made by roasting cauliflower in the oven and topping it off with some buffalo sauce. You can either just roast the cauliflower florets in a touch of oil, or coat them in a light batter to make them into cauliflower wings. Both options are delicious!
If using the full wings recipe, you’ll cut up the cauliflower and coat the individual pieces in the batter. Then bake it up in the oven.
Once the cauliflower is baked, toss it up in the buffalo sauce until it’s evenly coated.
If you skip out on the batter, just follow the same process and then coat the cauliflower in the buffalo sauce. Then assemble into tacos!
These tacos would be delicious with a variety of different toppings! Here are some ideas for toppings:
- Cole slaw
- Shredded red cabbage
- Pico de Galo
- Pickled red onions
Really there are an endless amount of toppings. In the recipe below I keep it simple with some sliced avocado and the cilantro lime crema. Personally I don’t find these tacos need to many different toppings because the cauliflower is filled with so much flavour already.
Do these tacos keep?
If you are making the classic Buffalo Cauliflower Wings coated in batter, then these tacos unfortunately don’t keep the best. The Cauliflower wings become soggy after a day.
If you want to prep a batch of buffalo cauliflower ahead of time, then I recommend skipping out on the batter and just sticking with a classic roasted cauliflower tossed in buffalo sauce. Then you can reheat the buffalo cauliflower in the oven and assemble the tacos.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. This will make it easier when you’re assembling the tacos. (If you cut the pieces too large, it will be hard to fit them into the tortillas.)
- Heat the tortillas in the oven or on the stove before assembling. This is especially important if you use corn tortillas. The flavour will be MUCH tastier if you do this.
- If the crema is too thick to drizzle, thin it out with a bit of water. The thickness of the sauce will depend on the brand and consistency of the yogurt you chose to use.
More cauliflower recipes to try
If you tried these Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
The Best Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
These Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos are the BEST! They’re packed with flavour and topped off with a cilantro lime crema!
- one batch Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 6 taco shells
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chopped cilantro to top (optional)
Cilantro lime crema
- 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Prep the cauliflower: prep a batch of buffalo cauliflower wings.
- Make the Cilantro Lime Crema: blend the yogurt, cilantro and lime together in a hand blender or magic bullet. (if you don’t have one of these, you can chop the cilantro finely and just mix everything together.)
- Assemble the tacos: Heat up the taco shells on the stovetop or in the oven. Then add some buffalo cauliflower, sliced avocado and top with some chopped cilantro if desired. Serve immediately.
Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. This will make it easier when you’re assembling the tacos. (If you cut the pieces too large, it will be hard to fit them into the tortillas.)
Heat the tortillas in the oven or on the stove before assembling. This is especially important if you use corn tortillas. The flavour will be MUCH tastier if you do this.
If the crema is too thick to drizzle, thin it out with a bit of water. The thickness of the sauce will depend on the brand and consistency of the yogurt you chose to use.
- Serving Size: 1/4th of the recipe
- Calories: 450
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: vegan buffalo cauliflower, cauliflower tacos, buffalo cauliflower tacos
First recipe from the blog that I tried. It was delicious and I can’t wait to try more.
Happy you enjoyed the recipe Felicia! 🙂