Green Goddess Bowls
If you feel like you need an extra dose of greens in your day then these green goddess bowls are for you! Filled with crisp veggies that are packed full of vitamins, avocado for a dose of healthy fats, and some edamame to keep you full!
Vegan Green Goddess Bowls
This recipe for Green Goddess Bowls is the perfect light lunch and an easy way to make sure you’re getting in your daily dose of greens! I’m all for green juice and green smoothies, but sometimes it’s also nice to actually eat your greens and make sure you maximizing on their nutritional benefits and fibre.
I’ve included a light herby green goddess dressing for these Green Goddess Bowls, but feel free to use whatever dressing you like, or even just a little bit of lemon juice and olive oil!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Packed with green veggies. If you’re feeling in need of a healthy and fresh meal with lots of greens then this is the recipe for you! It doesn’t get much healthier than these green bowls.
- High in fibre and protein. Each bowl is packed with 11 grams of fibre and 15 grams of plant-based protein
- Great for meal prep. These bowls are perfect to prep in advance and can be assembled into portioned containers so you have lunch ready to go all week long!
Green bowl key ingredients
- Farro: Farro is an ancient grain derived from wheat that has a rich and nutty flavour and a chewy texture. It’s a whole grain that is packed with fibre and delicious as a base for power bowls. You can substitute with any grain you love like rice or quinoa if you prefer.
- Broccoli: packed with nutrients, broccoli makes a great addition to these bowls. It’s also very hearty so it will keep you feeling satiated.
- Edamame: These soybeans are packed with protein so they will help you stay full and keep you energized throughout the day.
- Avocado: Need I say more about avocado? We all know it’s healthy and packed with healthy fats.
- Salad greens: you can use any type of greens you love like spinach, kale or lettuce.
- Pumpkin seeds: These seeds are packed with nutrients and add a little crunch to the Green Goddess Bowls. You can also use any other nuts or seeds you love.
- Green goddess dressing: Homemade green goddess dressing makes the perfect dressing to add to these bowls. If you prefer you can use any other dressing you love.
How to make Green Goddess Bowls
Cook the farro according to package directions. For an extra boost of flavour, try cooking the farro in vegetable broth instead of water.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and toss the broccoli florets with some olive oil and salt. Roast the broccoli in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until tender.
Blend the dressing ingredients together, then assemble the Green Goddess Bowls and top with the Green Goddess dressing.
How to store leftovers
You can store leftover ingredients separately in separate containers, or you can store leftovers as assembled bowls to have ready to go for lunches. If you want to store leftovers as assembled bowls, just grab your favourite Tupperware and layer the ingredients as you would for the bowl.
I recommend storing the dressing separately and dressing the bowls right before serving. This will prevent the bowls from becoming soggy.
- To save time, prep all the ingredients while the farro cooks. Farro will take about 30 minutes to cook, so once it’s done cooking, you can have everything for the bowls ready to go.
- Swap out farro for any grain you love. Quinoa, brown rice or wild rice would work great in these bowls.
- Add your favourite protein. If you’d like an extra protein boost, add your favourite protein on top of these bowls.
More healthy bowls to try
If you tried these Green Goddess Bowls or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Get your daily dose of greens in with this green goddess power bowl!
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
Herby Green Goddess Dressing
- Cook the farro according to package directions. For extra flavour, cook the farro in vegetable broth.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the broccoli florets with olive oil and salt and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- Cook the edamame in boiling water for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- To prepare the dressing, add the dressing ingredients to a handheld blender and blend together.
- Assemble the bowls by layering farro on the bottom, and top with broccoli, edamame, salad greens, avocado, pumpkin seeds and green goddess dressing.
Store leftover dressing in the fridge to use on salads.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: green bowl, goddess bowl, power bowl