Green goddess bowls
If you feel like you need an extra dose of greens in your day then these green goddess bowls are for you! Filled with crisp veggies that are packed full of vitamins, avocado for a dose of healthy fats, and some edamame to keep you full!
I can’t believe it’s already the first day of September. The summer just flew by. I honestly don’t even feel like we had much of a summer…probably because it never actually warmed up. I can remember about 4 consecutive days of warm weather this summer and then it just got cool and rainy out again…
So I’m still hanging on of what’s left of summer. Technically there are still 22 days. So I’m going to hold off on the fall recipes and all of the pumpkin spice for now. (Though if you’re ready to embrace Fall I’d definitely recommend my roasted sweet potato cinnamon soup!)
This recipe for green goddess bowls is the perfect light lunch and an easy way to make sure your getting in your daily dose of greens! I’m all for green juice and green smoothies, but sometimes it’s also nice to chew your greens and making sure you maximizing on their nutritional benefits and fibre;)
I’ve included a light herb dressing for these green goddess bowls, but feel free to use whatever dressing you like, or even just a little bit of lemon juice and olive oil!Print
Green, full of nutrients and delicious – this bowl will have you feeling like a goddess!
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or chopped
- A Handful of pea shoot sprouts, sunflower sprouts, or any sprouts you love!
- 1 cup shelled organic edamame, steamed or boiled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup dill
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Arrange all the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender (or use an emulsion blender) and pulse until smooth.
- Toss the dressing on the salad and top with hemp hearts.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 552
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: Green goddess bowls, vegan buddha bowl
- Try cooking your zucchini & spinach in a pan if you prefer a warmer bowl
- Add your favourite nuts & seeds to top for some extra protein and fibre
- Store in a large jar with the dressing on the bottom to bring this salad to go