Ever wanted to make tuna tartare at home? This tuna tartare in sesame ginger sauce is easy to make and will impress your guests!
Tuna tartare is a healthy and delicious recipe to make.
There is so much popularity out there now with sushi, poke bowls and tartare, but they can be expensive to eat at restaurants!
Luckily, tuna tartare is actually so easy to make at home, requires no cooking, and is healthy and delicious!
When buying tuna to make tartare, make sure to buy it from a reputable shop and always make sure to asks someone if it is sushi grade tuna. That is what you’re looking for! There should be no fishy smell and the tuna should be kept cold or on ice.
Another important thing to remember when making this tuna tartare in seasme ginger sauce is to use a sharp knife! This will make the process SO much easier when preparing the tartare!
This tuna tartare in sesame ginger sauce is:
- High in protein
- requires zero cooking
You can also switch up the type of sauce or the ingredients used in this tartare, but sesame ginger i smy absolute favourite!Print
- 300 grams of sushi grade Tuna
- 1 avocado, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- cilantro, chopped (as much as you like)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1. tbsp. honey
- Make your sauce by adding all ingredients into a bowl, and mix together.
- Chop your tuna finely into small cubes, add directly to bowl of sauce and mix.
- in a separate bowl, mix together the finely chopped avocado, cucumber, and cilantro, lime juice,salt, and pepper.
- Plate your tartare by using a mold, or a round ramekin, or even a small tupperwear.
*If using a ramekin, build your tartare inside, and then carefully flip over onto plate.
*Garnish your tartare with sriracha, cilantro, and sesame seeds