Have your weekend brunch sorted with this vegan cinnamon French toast recipe! It’s easy to make, healthy, and 100% delicious!
During the busy weeks, when breakfast comes around I usually opt for a quick and easy option.
Weekdays can be quite busy. My mornings usually start around 7:00 am with a coffee or matcha tea, followed by a morning workout.
After my workout, I tend to grab a relatively quick and easy breakfast. This usually means a smoothie, a bowl of oatmeal or some yogurt.
But when the weekends roll in, I’m suddenly all for spending more time cooking and eating a delicious breakfast (or brunch!)
Especially in the winter months, there’s nothing cozier than spending the weekend mornings in a big comfy sweater, cooking up some great food!
This recipe for Vegan cinnamon French toast is one of my new favorites to cook up on the weekends, simply because it’s so easy to make! It’s also a great option that is dairy-free, egg-free, and can easily be made gluten-free (with your favorite gluten-free bread.)
One thing I love about this recipe is that it promotes gut health, with Genuine Health fermented organic gut superfoods+!
I’m so excited to be partnering with my friends at Genuine Health for this post! I’ve been using their products for a while now, so when they reached out to me to try out their new fermented organic gut superfood+ I was really excited!
There are many foods that promote a healthy gut, but sometimes stocking up and eating a ton of fermented foods can be a little tricky. (I mean, we don’t all have kombucha and kimchi in our fridges all the time, right?)
Genuine Health fermented organic gut superfoods+ contains 21 fully fermented plant-based superfoods to nourish a healthy gut. It’s also a great source of prebiotic fiber, and won’t cause any bloating! (Which is my absolute favorite thing about it!)
The product comes in an unflavoured & unsweetened option, (used in this recipe) which I love! Finding unflavored superfood products that won’t alter the taste of what you cook can be a little challenging sometimes!
Alright, onto the recipe!Print
- 4 slices thick crusty bread (I use Kamut bread)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 scoop genuine health fermented organic gut superfoods+
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- coconut oil for frying
- Whisk the almond milk, chia seeds, flax seeds, gut superfoods+, cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Set aside and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. (Enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan)
- Dip each piece of bread into the mixture for 20-30 seconds on each side.
- Place the bread in your pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with berries, maple syrup, yogurt, or any other of your favorite toppings!
Tips & suggestions:
- If you don’t like the taste of coconut oil, use vegan butter for frying
- Stale bread will work just as well as fresh bread for this recipe
- Shop fermented organic gut superfoods+ here!
This post is sponsored by Genuine Health. All views