Almond Butter Stuffed Dates
These Almond Butter Stuffed Dates only have 4 ingredients and a take less than 10 minutes to make! The chocolate and dates make such a healthily sweet and delicious snack!
A healthy snack you’ll want to make all the time
These Almond Butter Stuffed Dates are one of my favourite go-to snacks when I need a to satisfy that afternoon hunger FAST. They’re completely refined sugar-free and have a combination of healthy carbs, fats, and protein to keep you feeling full!
These dates are also great to make for meal prep. Just make a batch of them and store them in an air-tight container. Then just grab one when you need a little bite! If you have leftover dates after making these, you could use them to make this Chocolate Tahini Date Shake, or these Puffed Quinoa, Date and Peanut Butter Bars!
How to make almond butter stuffed dates
Prepare yourself for the quickest and easiest snack to make ever!
- Use a knife to make a cut lengthwise in your date and remove the pit
- Add a spoonful of almond butter to the centre of the date
- Top with chocolate chunks and a pinch of sea salt
The difference between using Medjool dates and regular dates
I’m a huge fan of Medjool dates, and they are what I use to make this recipe.
First to clarify, there are many different kinds of dates, but most “regular” (aka the most common) dates you’ll see in the grocery store are likely Deglet Noor Dates.
- Regular dates: These dates are smaller, more firm, and have a lighter texture. They will also likely taste a more like dried fruit.
- Medjool dates: These dates are larger, softer, and have a rich caramel-like flavour. They’re chewy and rich and sweeter than regular dates.
Since Medjool dates are so big and soft, they are perfect for stuffing.
You can also use regular dates if that is what you have on hand, but they’ll be a bit more difficult to stuff with your almond butter, and of course may not be quite as tasty 😉
Tips & recipe variations
- Make a batch of these dates for meal prep and store them in an air-tight container for a quick and easy snack.
- Use Medjool dates if you can, they are larger and will be easier to stuff
- You can swap out the almond butter for your favourite type of nut butter.
- Try topping these dates with more chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or a pinch of cinnamon.
More date recipes to tryPrint
Almond Butter Stuffed Dates
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Method: Stuff
- Cuisine: American
A healthy snack with only 4 ingredients that takes less than 10 minutes to make!
- 8 medjool dates
- 4–6 tbsp almond butter (depending how much you can fit in the date)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chunks (I use this bar and cut it into chunks)
- flaked sea salt to top
- Use a knife and make a cut down one side of your date lengthwise. Then use your fingers to gently pull out the pit.
- Take a spoon of almond butter and add it to the center of the date, where you just removed the pit.
- Top with chocolate chunks and sea salt.
Medjool dates work best for this recipe since they are larger and easier to stuff.
You can purchase Medjool dates that already have the pit removed which would also work well for this recipe.
Use any type of nut butter you like in these dates!
- Serving Size: 1 date
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 10mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: stuffed date, stuffed medjool dates
If you tried these Almond Butter Stuffed Dates or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
I have spent the ENTIRE day reading your recipes and other blogs on your website! Thank you for sharing all of this goodness!!! I plan to make stuffed dates as soon as I stop typing…they sound amazing!
You’re welcome Linda! So happy you’re enjoying all the recipes 🙂
Currently have raw almond butter in my pantry–best part? It’s CRUNCHY. Arguably, I am worried about buying dates because I can easily overeat them, especially if I have a jar of almond or peanut butter by my side to dip them in. They’ taste far too heavenly to be true! These almond butter stuffed dates are seriously stunning and I know for a fact they are delicious. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either ignorant of how they taste or is lying. Being totally real ;D
Thanks Cassie! I love a good crunchy almond butter!