This Crockpot Creamy Broccoli Soup is a healthy recipe that is easy to make and naturally vegan and gluten-free! Prepare the soup before you head out for the day and come home to a delicious broccoli soup ready to go!
This recipe is sponsored by Crock-Pot®.
An easy broccoli soup made in a crockpot
There’s nothing better than coming home to a warm and cozy soup on a cold winter day is there? I love using my crockpot to make simple and healthy meals that cook up while I’m out running errands or busy working. Some of my go-to’s include this Crockpot Morrocan Chickpea Stew and this Weeknight Slow Cooker Lentil Soup.
But this week I’m enjoying my latest favourite crockpot recipe, this Crockpot Creamy Broccoli Soup.
This recipe is SO easy to make it’ll feel like your cheating at making dinner. If you’d like to make this soup into more of a meal, feel free to add in a can of white beans to it to give it some more protein!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This soup takes just 10 minutes to prepare and then you can walk away and let it do it’s magic! It’s cook up and become a rich and flavourful soup using a crockpot.
- This soup is light and creamy…with no cream added! You can, of course, add some coconut milk or your favourite cream to it if you like, but it’s delicious just as it is.
- This soup is naturally vegan and gluten-free, and has 8 grams of protein per serving!
How to make Crockpot Creamy Broccoli Soup
Add the onions, garlic, carrot and celery to a pan with some olive oil and let the vegetables brown for 3-5 minutes in the pan. (You can technically skip this step and add the raw veggies straight into the crockpot, but I find this step makes a big difference in creating a rich and delicious flavour and is worth taking the time for!)
Once the veggies are browned, add then to the crockpot with the broccoli and the rest of the ingredients.
Set the crockpot on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours and let everything cook down together. Before serving, use a hand blender or regular blender to puree the soup until it’s creamy.
You can optionally serve this soup topped with some coconut milk, fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds.
Is broccoli soup healthy?
Yes! Broccoli soup is filled with fibre, protein and vitamins that are great for you.
Just remember though, not all broccoli soups are created equal. There are many broccoli soup recipes that are filled with cheese, oil and other ingredients that make them not so healthy.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Choose a good head of Broccoli! Look for broccoli that is firm when you touch it and has a deep and rich green colour. This will give you a great flavoured soup.
- Take the time to brown the onions and other veggies in a pan. Browing builds flavour in the soup.
- Use low-sodium vegetable broth. It’s better to use a less salty broth and add more salt if needed that to use a broth that is too salty to start with.
- Puree the soup well. The more you puree it, the more creamy it will be.
More soup recipes to try
If you tried this Crockpot Creamy Broccoli Soup or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A creamy and healthy broccoli soup made in a crockpot that is vegan, gluten-free and super healthy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, chooped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tsp herbs de provence
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- (optional) coconut milk, fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds to top
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat then add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery, letting cook for 3-4 minutes until the onions start to brown.
- Transfer the veggies to a crockpot with the broccoli, herbs to provence, vegetable broth, salt and pepper and set to cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Once the soup is done, use a hand blender or transfer to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: vegan broccoli soup, creamy broccoli soup, slow cooker broccoli soup, crockpot broccoli soup
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!