Eggnog Chia Pudding
Looking for a festive holiday-inspired Chia Pudding recipe? Try this Eggnog Chia Pudding! It’s made with two simple ingredients and only takes 5 minutes to put together!
Chia Pudding for the holidays
And I’m back with another chia pudding recipe! There’s nothing I love more than “themed” chia pudding and today we’re doing Eggnog Chia Pudding for a holiday-inspired chia recipe.
If you haven’t tried eggnog before, it’s made with a combination of milk, cream, eggs, sugar and spices to create a rich and creamy drink that tastes like *Christmas.* The entire recipe is made with just two simple ingredients and is easy to make in just 5 minutes. You can serve up this chia pudding for breakfast, a snack or a healthy dessert.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- 5-minutes to make. Does it get any easier than that? If you want a delicious chia pudding recipe without all the fuss, this is the recipe for you.
- Minimal cleanup. Besides this chia pudding being so quick to make, it’s also all made directly in one bowl so you’ll have practically no clean-up after making it.
- Tastes like Christmas. Who doesn’t love holiday-themed tasting recipes for the holidays? This Eggnog Chia Pudding tastes festive and is perfect to serve up for a holiday breakfast or healthy dessert!
Ingredients you’ll need
- Eggnog: you can use traditional store-bought eggnog, vegan store-bought eggnog, or this recipe for Homemade Vegan Eggnog.
- Chia seeds: light or dark chia seeds will both work. These are essentially the same, just different colours.
How to make eggnog chia pudding
Add 1/4 cup of chia seeds to a large mixing bowl.
Pour one cup of eggnog into the bowl of chia seeds.
Use a whisk to mix everything together for 1-2 minutes until the chia pudding starts to thicken slightly.
Place in the fridge to set for at least one hour or overnight.
Serve on its own or topped with some of your favourite yogurt and cinnamon or nutmeg.
Using store-bought vs. homemade eggnog
You can use store-bought or homemade eggnog for this Eggnog Ciha Pudding, but I personally recommend using my Homemade Vegan Eggnog recipe.
Homemade Vegan Eggnog is easy to make directly in a blender and is much healthier than store-bought. This will also ensure that your chia pudding is dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free.
If there is a brand of store-bought eggnog that you know you love, you can feel free to use that in the recipe.
How to store
Store leftover Eggnog Chia Pudding in a sealed container or jar in the fridge for up to 4 days. If the chia pudding becomes too thick, you can add a bit more eggnog to it and mix it together. This will help thin out the chia pudding.
Tips for making this Eggnog Chia Pudding recipe
- Use homemade eggnog or a brand of store-bought eggnog you know you love. Since this is basically the only ingredient added to the chia, it’s important that the eggnog tastes delicious.
- If the chia pudding is too thick add more eggnog to it. Depending on the brand of eggnog you use you may find your chia pudding is too thick. (Some eggnogs can be thicker than others.) If this is the case, simply add an extra couple of tablespoons of eggnog to the chia pudding to thin it out.
- If the chia pudding is too thin, add some more chia seeds. Mix in an extra tablespoon of chia seeds and let it sit for 15 minutes to help thicken it up.
More chia pudding recipes to try
- Chai Latte Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- Snickers Chia Pudding
- Golden Milk Latte Chia Pudding
If you tried this Eggnog Chia Pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
Eggnog Chia Pudding
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
This Eggnog Chia Pudding is made with two simple ingredients for a festive holiday chia pudding you’ll love!
- 1 cup eggnog (homemade* or storebought)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Yogurt of choice and cinnamon to top (optional)
- Whisk the eggnog and chia seeds together in a mixing bowl for 1-2 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken slightly.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least one hour or overnight.
- Spoon the chia pudding into small cups and top with your favourite yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
I like to make this recipe with my homemade vegan eggnog.
Store leftover chia pudding in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Use homemade eggnog or a brand of store-bought eggnog you know you love. Since this is basically the only ingredient added to the chia, it’s important that the eggnog tastes delicious.
If the chia pudding is too thick add more eggnog to it. Depending on the brand of eggnog you use you may find your chia pudding is too thick. (Some eggnogs can be thicker than others.) If this is the case, simply add an extra couple of tablespoons of eggnog to the chia pudding to thin it out.
If the chia pudding is too thin, add some more chia seeds. Mix in an extra tablespoon of chia seeds and let it sit for 15 minutes to help thicken it up.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: eggnog chia pudding, chia pudding with eggnog, christmas chia pudding, holiday chia pudding