The healthiest breakfast cookies
These cookies are loaded with nuts, seeds, oats and whole grains for a cookie that packs some serious health benefits. These are the Healthiest Breakfast Cookies…ever!
There’s a saying I’ve heard before that goes a little something like this: “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”
Now whether or not you believe this to actually be true, I think we can all agree that breakfast becomes a hella lot more important when there are COOKIES involved.
I call these cookies the healthiest breakfast cookies because I personally believe they are pretty darn healthy as far as a cookie can go
What’s in the healthiest breakfast cookies:
The healthiest breakfast cookies have also got a permanent place on my weekly meal prep rotation. I love to prepare a batch of these healthy seedy cookies on a Sunday and
- An assortment of healthy seeds
- sliced almonds
- Natural nut butter
- Maple syrup
- Whole grain oats
Health Benefits of Seeds
Firstly, these cookies have not one, not two, not three, but four different types of seeds – sunflower, pumpkin, chia and sesame.
Seeds are a great source of protein, healthy fats and provide many micronutrients needed and that are missing in many western diets.
Chia seeds are know for their fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, pumpkin and sunflower seeds have been shown to reduce the risk of breast cancer, and sesame seeds are known to regulate levels of estrogen.
How to make healthy breakfast cookies
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl, then add to the dry ingredients and combine.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out cookies, pressing them down on the baking sheet. (they won’t spread much.) and bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- These cookies are very versatile. You can use any type of nuts or seeds you love or have on hand.
- Make sure to press these cookies down on the baking sheet with your hands. They won’t spread, so doing this will give you the cookie shape.
- Use parchment paper on your baking pan for easy cleanup.
- If you want to make these cookies vegan, substitute the egg with a flax egg. Simply mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds in 3 tbsp of water and let it sit to gel for 5 minutes. Then pour this into the mixture as you would with the egg.
More healthy cookie recipes to try
- Chocolate Chunk Tahini Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Spiced Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
These are the BEST healthy breakfast cookie ever!
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour (can sub any type of flour)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup tahini or almond butter (I like to mix both)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (*or flax egg)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together until well combined
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop evenly sized cookies onto the baking sheet. Press down with your hands (these cookies won’t spread)
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
You can use any type of nuts and seeds you have on hand for these cookies.
Make sure to press the cookies down with your hands after scooping them onto the baking sheet. They won’t spread out much on their own.
To make a flax egg mix 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 3 tbsp of water. Let sit to gel for 5 minutes then use as you would an egg.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: healthy cookie recipes, breakfast cookie recipe
If you tried these Healthiest Breakfast Cookies or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!