These vegan thumbprint cookies with raspberry chia jam only use a handful of ingredients and one bowl to make! These cookies are easy to make, healthy and delicious!
Today I bring you these vegan thumbprint cookies with raspberry chia jam! These cookies are one of my favourite quick, easy and healthy cookie recipes to make.
They’re naturally vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. They start with a base of almond flour and oat flour that is mixed with coconut oil and maple syrup. Since they are a “shortbread cookie” base, they don’t require any baking powder or baking soda to rise!
Then they get filled with a freshly made chia seed jam, made from raspberries, maple syrup and chia seeds. THAT’S IT. Pretty healthy right?
If you’d like to make these cookies completely grain-free, you can go ahead and substitute more almond flour in place of the oat flour. You can also use any type of berry you like in place of the raspberries for the jelly centre.
For the sweetener, you can use any sticky syrup in place of the maple syrup, however, don’t substitute this with regular sugar! The liquid sweetener is what helps these cookies bind together.
One thing I love about this recipe is how simple it is to make. You just need to mix all the ingredients in one bowl, and then fill them up with the raspberry chia jam. I usually like to make a double batch of the raspberry chia jam and keep the extra to enjoy mixed with yogurts, chia puddings, and on toast.
You can also prepare the dough for these cookies in advance and keep it wrapped up in some parchment paper in the fridge until you’re ready to make these cookies.Print
A healthy and delicious thumbprint cookie stuffed with a raspberry chia jam filling.
Raspberry chia jam:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (or 1/2 cup oats, pulsed in a food processor until fine)
- 1 cup almond flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by preparing your Raspberry chia jam:
- In a small saucepan, cook down your raspberries on medium-high heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once your berries begin to bubble, turn down the heat to medium-low and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the maple syrup and chia seeds and cook another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl, melt your coconut oil, then add maple syrup and almond extract.
- Pour the oat flour and almond flour into the bowl and mix until combined.
- Using your hands, roll our small balls of dough, and then slightly flatten into a patty shape onto your baking pan.
- With your thumb, press down into the centre of each ball to form a little indent for your chia jam.
- Place a small spoon of jam into the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cookies are golden around the edges.
- Let cool and enjoy
You can substitute vanilla extract for almond extract in this recipe
Store these cookies in an air-tight container
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: how to make thumbprint cookies, vegan cookie recipe