Chickpea Flour Mini Quiche
Make your own Chickpea Flour Mini Quiche at home that are completely egg-less and vegan friendly! You’ll love how simple these Mini Quiche are to make and they’re the perfect meal prep breakfast!
Vegan quiches made with chickpea flour
Chickpea flour is also packed with nutrients like fibre and protein, making it the perfect egg substitute that will keep you feeling full all morning long. It’s become a pantry staple in my kitchen because it has so many amazing uses. and Feel free to prep these Chickpea Flour Mini Quiche ahead of time for some meal prep, or even freeze a batch to have on hand for whenveer you need!
These mini quiche are also totally customizable, you can really use any type of veggies you love in them. I’ll give some suggestions for my personal favourite in the substitutions section below!
These mini quiche are
- Perfect for meal prep!
Ingredients & substitutions
Chickpea flour: the star ingredient in this recipe. You can’t substitute this for any other type of flour. You can find chickpea flour at most grocery stores and health food stores.
Nutritional yeast: this is what gives the quiches that savoury slightly cheesy and eggy flavour. (in a good way!)Again this ingredient is hard to substitute, but if you don’t want to use it you can always use a 1/4 cup of your favourite non-dairy cheese or cream cheese.
Baking powder: to help the quiche rise
Salt, pepper, garlic powder: to season. Feel free to sub any of your favourite spices here! Onion powder, dried herbs or paprika.
2 cups almond milk: Any type of plant-based milk will work, or even regular milk if you don’t care if these are dairy-free. You can also substitute for water, however, I find the almond milk adds a bit more creaminess.
Red bell pepper: Any colour works but how pretty does the red look in these? If you don’t like pepper leave this out.
Jalapeno pepper: Adds a little bit of heat and kick to the mini quiche! Again this can be omitted
Red onion: For some kick. If you prefer shallots or spring onions you can use that instead.
Spinach: again, any of your favourite veggies can work here like kale, mushrooms, or broccoli
How to make this recipe
- Mix the dry ingredients together then add the almond milk and mix again. Finally, add in the chopped veggies to the bowl and mix to combine. The chickpea flour mixture will feel a bit liquidy, that’s ok! It will firm up a lot once baked.
- Spoon the batter evenly between a muffin pan and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F until golden brown.
Fridge: store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. To reheat just pop them into the oven or the microwave (I prefer them reheated in the oven)
Freezer: these mini quiche are great to make ahead of time! Freeze them in a sealed container or freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Defrost on the countertop and reheat in the oven.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Don’t forget to grease your muffin pan! This will help prevent the mini quiche from sticking to the pan. You can also use a knife to gently release each mini quiche from the pan if you find the edges are sticking slightly.
- Not sure if the mini quiche is ready? Poke a toothpick in them after removing them from the oven. If the toothpick comes out with any wet batter on it, they need more time.
More vegan breakfast recipes to try
If you tried this Chickpea Flour Mini Quiche or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
This Chickpea Flour Mini Quiche recipe is perfect for a vegan eggless breakfast or brunch!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a bowl until combined, then add the almond milk and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the chopped veggies and mix to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and then spoon the mixture into each muffin tin with the batter.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, let cool before removing from the pan.
Not sure if the mini quiche is ready? Poke a toothpick in them after removing them from the oven. If the toothpick comes out with any wet batter on it, they need more time.
- Serving Size: 1 mini quche
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: vegan egg muffins, vegan quiche, chickpea flour quiche, chickpea flour egg muffins