Pina Colada Popsicles
Feel like you’re in the tropics with these easy-to-make Pina Colada popsicles made with 4 simple ingredients! These pops are healthy and naturally vegan and gluten-free friendly!
Pineapple Coconut Popsicles
Summer is here and that means it’s popsicle season!
There’s nothing I love more than making some homemade popsicles during the summertime. These Pina Colada Popsicles are made with simple fresh ingredients and taste just like the tropical drink. These popsicles can be stored in the freezer for months so you can have them on hand to enjoy whenever you like.
You can also mix up the fruit in these pops if there are any other tropical fruits you love that you want to add in. You can try blending in some mango or passionfruit for an extra tropical twist!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make. These popsicles are made with 4 ingredients and take less than 10 minutes to prepare. Once you see how easy it is to make popsicles at home you’ll never buy popsicles again!
- Way better than store-bought. besides being so easy to make at home, homemade popsicles taste way better than store-bought and are way healthier than store-bought. While store-bought popsicles are often loaded with sugars and artificial colours and flavours, these homemade pina colada popsicles are made with real fruit and naturally sweetened.
- Tropical paradise. Just grab one of these popsicles and play some ocean waves music and you’ll feel like you’re sitting on a tropical beach drinking a pina colada!
Types of popsicle moulds you can use
There are several different types of popsicle moulds out there and you can find many options on Amazon. Below are a few suggestions for popsicle moulds you can use to make these popsicles.
If you don’t want to buy a popsicle mould, you can also make these into “mini popsicles” by making this recipe directly in an icecube tray, then covering the tray with aluminum foil and adding popsicle sticks to each ice cube.
- Silicon popsicle mould
- Popsicle mould with reusable sticks
- Oval silicon ice pops mould
- Plastic popsicle mould
Pineapple coconut popsicle ingredients
- Fresh pineapple: you want to use fresh pineapple in this recipe and make sure to use a pineapple that is ripe. You could also use canned or frozen pineapple, but it won’t be as good.
- Coconut milk: I recommend using full-fat coconut milk from a can for a more authentic pina colada taste.
- Lime: Fresh lime juice is delicious and adds some brightness to the popsicles.
- Vanilla extract: just a touch of vanilla extract really enhances the flavour in these pops.
- Maple syrup (optional): this is completely optional, but you can add some maple syrup if you find your pineapple isn’t sweet enough.
How to make pina colada popsicles
- Blend the pineapple, coconut milk, lime juice and vanilla extract together
- Divide between the popsicle moulds and add popsicle sticks
- Freeze overnight
Tips for making popsicles
- Use ripe pineapple. These popsicles will only be as good as the fruit you use. If your pineapple isn’t ripe enough, the popsicles will taste bland.
- Sweeten if needed. Depending on how naturally sweet your pineapple is, you may find that you want a bit more sweetness in the popsicles. If this is the case as 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the popsicles.
- To easily remove the popsicles from the moulds, run the mould under warm water for 10-30 seconds. Then gently tug on the popsicle sticks. If the popsicles still aren’t coming out, run them under warm water again.
Try these popsicle recipes next
- Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles
- Tropical Coconut Chia Pops
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Popsicles
- Mango Lassi Popsicles
- Grapefruit Thyme Popsicles
If you tried these Pina Colada Popsicles or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Pina Colada Popsicles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 popsicles 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Pina colada popsicles made with simple ingredients and will transport you straight to the tropics!
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup coconut milk
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional, I use pure maple from Canada)
- Add the pineapple, coconut milk, lime juice and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a popsicle mould and add popsicle sticks into each popsicle.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- To remove the popsicles from the moulds run them under warm water for 30 seconds, then gently tug the popsicle sticks.
Use a ripe juicy pineapple for best results.
Store in the freezer in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 73
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: pineapple popsicles, tropical popsicles, pina colada ice pops