This chai latte chia pudding is loaded with warming spices, and makes a healthy and festive breakfast for snack!
I love the delicious warming flavours of chai. Especially with this cold weather, theres nothing like the festive flavours of cinnamon, ginger and cloves. This chai latte chia pudding is packed with all those yummy warming spices, black tea, and almond milk, so it really does taste like a chai latte! (Don’t ask me how many times I mixed up the words “chai” and “chia” while writing this blog post…)
What’s great about this chia pudding is you get to enjoy those delicious chai latte flavours, but as a healthy breakfast or snack. (I’m a bit sick of overpriced expensive drinks from coffee shops that are secretly loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients, sorry Starbucks!) I serve this chia pudding cold out of the fridge, but you could also warm it up in a pot if your looking for more of a warming winter breakfast. I haven’t tried warming this recipe, but I can imagine it would be delicious!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup black tea
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp spice blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Soak a black tea bag in ¼ cup of water for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the chia seeds, almond milk. black tea, vanilla, maple syrup, and half the amount of the spice blend (approx. 1 tsp) .
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Give it a taste and if you desire some more spice, mix in the rest of the spice blend.
- Serve with some yogurt, fresh fruit, and cinnamon if desired.
Recipe tip: If you don’t have all the spices available, you can try making this recipe using half chai tea and half almond milk as your base. Then just add the rest of the ingredients on the list and you’re good to go!