Summer Corn Salad With Chili Lime Vinaigrette
This Summer Corn Salad is made with fresh corn on the cobb, veggies and feta cheese. It’s topped off with a tangy chili lime vinaigrette for a summer salad you won’t be able to get enough of! This salad is great to enjoy as a light lunch, a side, or to bring to your next barbeque.
A fresh corn salad for summer
When I think of summer produce there’s one thing I think of in particular: corn on the cobb! Fresh corn is one of my favourite summer ingredients to enjoy as is or to use in recipes like corn chowder or to add into cornbread.
While you can technically make this recipe with canned corn or frozen corn if needed, (and if it’s winter and you want to make this recipe then totally go for it!) but fresh market corn will be the absolute best here.
This Summer Corn Salad with feta is light and healthy and is naturally vegetarian and gluten-free.
This recipe can also be prepared ahead of time if needed or made for meal prep. Just made sure to prep and store the chili lime vinaigrette separately, and only dress the salad when it’s time to serve.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Corn on the cobb-Fresh corn on the cobb is the absolute best in this recipe! I like to get my corn directly from the farmers market so it’s as fresh as can be.
- Cherry tomatoes-I like the multi-coloured cherry tomatoes because they look so pretty in this salad. You can also use a large tomoato and chop it up.
- Cucumber-For some freshness and crunch. Cucumber is also readily avaiable in the summertime at the market.
- Jalapeno pepper-For a little bit of heat! Make sure to remove the seeds so it isn’t too spicy.
- Red Onion-This helps balance the flavour in the salad. You can also use green onions if you prefer a more mild onion flavour.
- Cilantro-For freshness! If you don’t like cilantro, feel free to replace it with some parsley or basil.
- Feta Cheese-Double creamed feta please! (trust me, once you try this feta you’ll never buy any other kind.)
How to make a Summer Corn Salad
Boil the corn in a large pot, let cool then cut the kernels off the cobb. Add the corn and the rest of the veggies to a large bowl, then make the vinaigrette by mixing the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
Pour the vinaigrette onto the salad and toss everything together until combined. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
What to serve with corn salad
Corn salad is great on its own or as a side dish for a summer bbq. There are so many different things you can serve up with corn salad, here are some of my favourite options from the blog:
- Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Veggie Enchiladas
- Grilled Tofu Satay
- Vegan Beet Burgers
- Cauliflower Tinga Tacos
Recipe add-ins & adaptations
There are so many ways you can modify this corn salad recipe, so you can go ahead and change it up if you like in many different ways:
- Try grilling the corn instead of boiling it. This will give the corn a more “charred” flavlour
- Add in avocado for some texture. (Only add this in if you plan on serving the salad right away and don’t plan on having leftovers. Otherwise the avoacdo will brown.)
- Add in some black beans for protein to make this corn salad more of a complete meal
- When choosing your corn, opt for corn that has green husks, and silks that are a bit sticky. (If the husks are slightly yellow-ish, and the silks feel dry, it means the corn is older and not so fresh.)
- Only dress the salad right before you plan on serving it.
How to store this corn salad
Store this Summer Corn Salad in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. The salad will store best and stay fresher if you store it undressed. (if you don’t plan on eating all the salad, I recommend only dressing the amount of salad you plan to uses, and storing the rest separately.)
More salad recipes to try
- Thai Crunch Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Farro Salad With Halloumi And Berries
- Superfood Salad
- Kale Caesar Salad
If you tried this Summer Corn Salad With Chili Lime Vinaigrette or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Looking for the perfect summer salad? Here it is! A summer corn salad with feta, jalapeno and a chili lime vinaigrette
- 4 ears of corn, husks removed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into half-moons
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped with seeds removed
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled double-creamed feta cheese
Chili lime vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Boil the corn in a large pot for 6-8 minutes until tender, then drain and let cool.
- Cut the corn off the cobb then add the corn to a large mixing bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and feta.
- To make the dressing, mix the olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin and salt together in a small jar or a magic bullet.
- Pour as much dressing as desired for your taste on the salad, reserving any extra dressing for another use. Season with additional sat and pepper to taste.
When choosing your corn, opt for corn that has green husks, and silks that are a bit sticky. (If the husks are slightly yellowish, and the silks feel dry, it means the corn is older and not so fresh.)
Only dress the salad right before you plan on serving it.
Store sealed in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The salad will stay fresher if you store it undressed.
*Nutrition calculated if using all of the vinaigrette
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 25.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 5.8g
Keywords: summer corn salad, corn salad with feta, corn salad with jalapeno, fresh corn salad